My name is Alison and I am a Usui Shiki Ryoho Reiki Master / Teacher. I am based in Stamford in Lincolnshire. I offer both Reiki Attunement Workshops and Distant Reiki Attunements.
Everyone can be initiated to Reiki and be attuned to Reiki 1, 2, and Masters. The attunement process enables the recipient to be permanently open and connected to the Universal Reiki Energies on a Mental, Physical, Emotional and Spiritual Level. The attunement helps to clear any imbalances in the energy fields of the body (aura, chakras and meridians).
Each attunement received opens the recipient to higher levels of healing and knowledge. No background knowledge is required, it is easy to learn and can be practiced on you, your family, friends, clients, pets, plants, food, water and the environment. It can also be used as a form of distant healing.
Reiki is not taught in the way other healing techniques are taught. It is transferred to the student by the Reiki Master during an attunement process. This process opens the crown, third eye, heart, and hand chakras and creates a special link between the student and the Reiki source.
The Reiki attunement is a powerful spiritual experience. The attunement energies are channeled into the student through the Reiki Master. The process is guided by the Rei or God-consciousness and makes adjustments in the process depending on the needs of each student. The attunement is also attended by Reiki guides and other spiritual beings who help implement the process.
Reiki 1 Attunement.
Reiki 1 Attunement connects you to the Universal Reiki Energy, which you will then start to channel. You can use this to heal others and to heal yourself. Reiki is a tool to use alongside any other forms of healing you offer and is empowering at all levels. Reiki attunements strengthen your auric field. Once attuned you are permanently connected to the Reiki source of energy. The first degree is the foundation for all three degrees and should be mastered and practiced before considering the next level.
Reiki 2 Attunement.
Reiki 2 Attunement deepens your connection to the Universal Reiki Energy and strengthens your ability to channel the energy naturally. Reiki 2 introduces the Reiki Symbols which allow healing to be directed to emotional and mental issues, both on yourself, others and in distant healing. The Power Symbol is learnt and can be used to focus energy for a specific purpose. In order to receive this attunement you must have first been attuned to level 1.
Reiki 3 Attunement.
Reiki 3 Attunement or Masters further strengthens your connection to the Universal Reiki Energy. In addition you will be taught the final symbol which empowers you to pass on the Reiki Attunements to others. All the Reiki energy is unlocked and can be used when attuned to Master Level. One must have been previously attuned to Level 1 and 2 in order to receive this level.
What may Reiki do for me and others?
· It may help with anxiety, tension, stress and depression.
· It may support us in times of crisis.
· It may stimulate a person’s own natural healing process.
· It may speed up recovery after an injury or surgery.
· It may help to release blocked energy in the body and rebalance the energy centres.
· It may cleanse toxins from the body.
· It may help us feel more energised and alert with more mental clarity.
· It may help with personal growth.
· It may help to stimulate the metabolism.
· It may help to boost self esteem and self worth, brings with it more confidence.
· It may promote harmony in our relationships with others.
· It may help us relax and become calm.
· It may help with aches and pains.
· It may help with migraines and headaches.
· It may help backache.
· It may release suppressed feelings of anger, fear, and grief and bring emotions back into balance.
· It may help sleep problems.
Like all therapies, what benefits one individual and their well being, may not benefit another as we are all unique. Holistic and Complementary Therapies work alongside Western Medicine, they help to kick start the individuals own natural healing process and any form of energy healing goes to where it is needed most in the body. The therapist is a channel for the energy to flow through to the client. Lists of possible benefits of therapies on this website are taken from other people’s experiences and are not guaranteed to treat particular problems, they ‘may help with’ these problems.
Reiki goes to the deeper levels of our being where so much illness has its origins.
It is normal to experience an aggravation of physical conditions or an emotional state before relief is experienced, this is part of the normal self healing process.
Reiki pronounced (ray-kee) is a gentle hands on therapy that restores spiritual equilibrium and activates the body’s own natural ability to heal itself. A Reiki Practitioner channels energy and directs it into the recipient’s energy field and body. This is similar to healing systems including qi gong and Tai Chi. Unlike these, a Reiki Practitioner does not use their own energy for healing: they channel directly from the source (universe).
Reiki was originally developed by D. Mikao Usui, a Japanese Buddhist Monk, in Japan early in the nineteenth century, which is activated by intention. Reiki originates from the Japanese words ‘Rei’ meaning universal and ‘Ki’ energy, the Universal Life Force Energy is vital to our life force energy, the life force energy that flows through all living things.
Reiki is an all encompassing therapy; it balances the mind, body and spirit. It can be used by all, as it is not connected to any religion or belief system. It is a non-invasive treatment that is carried out while the client remains fully clothed. It is suitable for all ages. It is a natural and holistic way of treating the whole person and compatible with all medical and therapeutic practices.
What you experience during a Reiki session may vary from person to person, as each of us is unique and individual.
There are many names given to Reiki, in essence they all use the same energy, but the hand positions and techniques may vary.
Reiki is a complementary healing system that helps revitalize the physical body and remove energy blockages that can cause illness. It does not replace professional medical care.
Reiki works on many levels such as:
- Physical self
- Mental self
- Emotional self
- Spiritual self
When you become a Reiki Practitioner you can heal yourself and other people. By healing yourself I also mean heal situations in your life you want to change.
There are five basic principles of Reiki. These are:
- Just for today do not anger
- Just for today do not worry
- Earn your living honestly
- Honor your parents, elders and teachers
- Give gratitude to every living thing and every situation
Preparing for an Attunement
In order to improve the results you receive during the attunement, a process of purification is recommended. This will allow the attunement energies to work more efficiently and create greater benefits for you. The following steps are optional. Follow them if you feel guided to do so.
1. Refrain from eating meat, fowl or fish for three days prior to the attunement. These foods often contain drugs in the form of penicillin and female hormones and toxins in the form of pesticides and heavy metals that make your system sluggish and throw it out of balance.
2. Consider a water or juice fast for one to three days especially if you already a vegetarian or have experience with fasting.
3. Minimize your use of coffee and caffeine drinks or stop completely. They create imbalances in the nervous and endocrine systems. Use no caffeine drinks on the day of the attunement.
4. Use no alcohol for at least three days prior to the attunement.
5. Minimize or stop eating sweets. Eat no chocolate.
6. If you smoke, cut back, and smoke as little as possible on the day of the attunement.
7. Meditate for an hour a day for a least a week using a style you are familiar with or simply spend this time in silence.
8. Reduce or eliminate time watching TV, listening to the radio, and reading newspapers.
9. Go for quiet walks, spend time with nature, and get moderate exercise.
10. Give more attention to the subtle impressions and sensations within and around; contemplate their meaning.
11. Release all anger, fear, jealousy, hate, worry, etc. up to the light. Create a sacred space within and around you.
12. If you are on forms of medication continue to take it as prescribed. If under the doctor’s care you may wish to have him/her re-evaluate dosages of medicines used after the 21 day purging/balancing period.
13. Be gentle with yourself, do not tackle any major tasks that deplete your energy just before being attuned.
14. Cleanse your aura just before the class; ask your Master how to do this.
15. Have a good night’s sleep the evening before your class, eat a light healthy breakfast.
16. By receiving an attunement you will become part of a group of people who are using Reiki to heal themselves, and each other, and who are working together to heal the Earth. You will also be receiving help from Reiki guides and other spiritual beings who are also working towards these goals. While Reiki is not a religion, you may prepare your mind with intention work and pray in a religious mode comfortable to you to prepare to open to higher spiritual energies and experiences.
The Reiki attunement can start a cleansing process that affects the physical body as well as the mind and emotions. Toxins that have been stored in the body may be released along with feelings and thought patterns that are no longer useful. Therefore, a process of purification prior to the attunement is recommended to improve the benefit one receives. This cleansing process is a 21 day cleansing period, which follows the attunement.